Advantages and replacement of activated carbon and carbon molecular sieve in psa nitrogen generator
Date: 2020-02-09 14:28:31
Carbon molecular sieve is a new type of adsorbent developed in the 1970s. It is an excellent non-polar carbon material. It is mainly used to separate nitrogen from the air and enrich it with nitrogen. It is currently the first choice of PSA nitrogen generator in the engineering industry. This nitrogen is used in chemical industry, oil and gas industry, electronics industry, food industry, coal industry, pharmaceutical industry, cable industry, metal heat treatment, transportation and storage Widely used.
Carbon molecular sieve uses the characteristics of sieving to achieve the purpose of separating oxygen and nitrogen. When the molecular sieve adsorbs impurity gases, the macropores and mesopores only serve as channels, and the adsorbed molecules are transported to the micropores and submicropores. The micropores and submicropores are the volumes that really play the role of adsorption. Due to differences in the relative diffusion rates of gas molecules of different sizes, the components of the gas mixture can be effectively separated. Therefore, when manufacturing a carbon molecular sieve, the micropore distribution inside the carbon molecular sieve should be 0.28 to 0.38 nm according to the size of the molecule.
Within this micropore size range, oxygen can quickly diffuse into the pores through the micropore pores, but nitrogen can hardly pass through the micropore pores, thereby achieving oxygen and nitrogen separation. German BF molecular sieve, Japanese Takeda carbon molecular sieve, Japanese Iwatani molecular sieve, activated carbon for nitrogen generator, 13X molecular sieve, 5A molecular sieve, mainly used in pressure swing adsorption nitrogen production equipment. Molecular sieve is a new type of non-polar adsorbent, which has the property of adsorbing oxygen molecules in the air at normal temperature and pressure, so it can obtain nitrogen-rich gas.
Maintenance method of nitrogen generator
1. The air outlet of the air storage tank is equipped with a timed drain to reduce the load pressure of the process.
2. The normal use of the equipment should pay attention to check whether each timing drain is draining normally, whether the air pressure meets above 0.6Mpa, and comparing the inlet and outlet of the cold and dry machine, whether there is a cooling effect.
3. The air filter must be changed at a frequency of 4,000 hours.
4. Activated carbon filter can effectively filter oil stains and prolong the service life of high-quality carbon molecular sieve. Activated carbon needs to be replaced every 3000 hours or 4 months.
5. Nitrogen generator pneumatic valve, solenoid valve is recommended for each model of the action components to prevent future problems.
Activated carbon and carbon molecular sieve replacement steps: simply clean the site, cut off gas and power, two people remove the head of the adsorption tower, two people remove all the pipes of the nitrogen generator, remove the waste in the adsorption tower, you need to clean it, check the top of the adsorption tower And the bottom part of the flow plate is damaged, and the damage is repaired in time. All pipelines should be cleaned with compressed air, the pneumatic valve should be inspected for damage to the seal ring, and the pneumatic valve needs to be replaced seriously.